My name is Jessica, but I'm more commonly known in circles as "AshadelMG
." I'm a writer with a love for the fantastic and extraordinary, but also the lewd and imaginative. After spending literal years keeping most of my work in fan-fiction for various IP's and writing literally millions of words that would never net me a cent - but certainly provided me a lot of wonderful practice! - I decided to put my nose to the grindstone and really start pushing out my own personal works. I've given myself goals to strive for, and even started up a Patreon
! I really wanted to give myself little goals to keep me going, and I got a pretty major surprise when one of my patrons boosted me into one of those goals - so now, even if I'm still boggling, it's time for me to start looking seriously at something I thought I wouldn't be touching for years.
At this moment, I am currently compiling the information for seven universes/worlds, twenty-one unique races, and over a hundred original characters! On top of this, I have over fifty OC's from various video games that I would love to see actually come to life, so if you are a fan of games such as World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 14, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, Black Desert Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Starbound/Terraria, and more... well, I've got a lot
of work lined up for you.
Before we begin, here is what I'm looking for in an artist:
- The ability to work from text if necessary: This is absolutely not a strict rule, but as I am a writer, you're likely going to get a far more wordy description than you are an artistic description. I do go far and beyond the norm to make certain that I have all that I can give an artist, so even if a large amount of text will leave you puzzled - or English isn't your first language and you struggle -, there is still so much in there that you can use to help you. You can see one of my commission folders as a sample here.
- The willingness to push yourself: I'm not here to tell you how to do your job. If I commission you, I want my characters and worlds to come alive in your style - but I don't want that style to be something that you were doing three years ago. If I look at something you are presenting me as a new piece but I look back in your gallery and it looks like something you might have done a few years ago, I probably won't be a return customer. I want you to push yourself - if you want to try a new style during a commission, do it. Want to try a different pose? Do it! I will communicate with you as frequently as you need, so if you aren't sure about something, just note me and we can talk more.
- Play to your strengths: If you aren't comfortable drawing males, tell me. If your strength is in animals? Tell me! Scenery is more your jam? Please just tell me! I don't want to come to you with something that you aren't 100% in love with - and it is okay if you decide midway through a piece that it just isn't working for you. We can change things around to help you out!
I am super easy-going and will rarely
ever tell you that I am unhappy with a piece. It's just not what I'm here to do!Here are a few things that I'm looking for (in general)
- Character Reference Sheets: While a few characters may require sheets with plenty of detailing, for most characters I just want a simple frontal full-body with color palette. With these, I will be a good deal more picky because you will generally be doing the visual reference for those who are wary of text descriptions. That means that your art is the first piece of art seen, and the base for every piece of art from that point! It's exceedingly important, then, that we communicate very well!
- Scenery: Generally without characters in it, and instead just pretty scenery. I will generally just give a few details and let you go nuts with this!
- Clothing/Accessory/Weapon Design: I've got an enormous amount of items that I could use images for, so if you are less about figures and more about designing what they wear, I want you, too! Aside from a few items, I do give a lot of creative license for these, so please let me know if this is something you want to do!
- Flora/Fauna Design: This one will be rarer, but I would like to get some of my original species actually onto paper. If you love creating fantasy creatures, this might be right up your alley!
- Covers: Generally in the fantasy realm of art, I have a few novel-length stories I'm wrapping up and I'd like to get art for them instead of just me whacking photoshop with generics.
- Nudity/'Soft' NSFW: Think sunbathing or couple's snuggling. I'm not - despite what I write - really into hardcore fluids everywhere. I prefer tasteful nudity to outright porn.
Here are a few specific things that I am looking for, so you have an idea of what I have in my mind:
- Seeking a few full-body images with Kotone Shimayasu. Detailed composition of 'bubble-netting' off her island. Detailed compositions of her performances. ISO: Accurate character reference sheet.
- Seeking a family portrait of Kiipa Nulstat, Inelaa Locte, and Flidais Locte. Half-bodies are fine. ISO: Accurate character reference sheets for all.
- Seeking a risque half-body or full-body of L'sero Nuhn. Commission folder is currently in progress.
- Seeking a full portrait group picture of the Quickpaw-Locte clan. This is a huge picture with three commissioners involved. 5 - 7 adult figures, 8 - 10 toddler-child figures. Might be best done in portions. If I am the only commissioner, it drops to 3 adult figures and 5-6 children.
- Seeking a few half-body/full-body images of Katja Hoax. Detailed composition of her in her forge. Portrait with her dragonling. Possible smooching with her partners.
- Seeking Nalorn Flora/Fauna design! Original world that bloomed off of a Warcraft AU I started writing and just kept building on it to the point it's now one of my most advanced original worlds with very little Warcraft influence. Prepare for centaur, naga, more elves, mermaids, and so many others to build on.
- Seeking Leithi/Xaedryx full-body images. They are the same person, but Xaedryx is Leithi's 'true' form. She is a Forlarren, a half-elf of Kaldorei and Nathrezim blood. Could provide a challenge!
- Patreon Banner/Icon.
- Twitch Banner/Icon.
- Discord Emojis/Icon.
- ... and more!
I am offering
- PayPal or something similar. I am willing to work with an artist if special payment is required, but I will not pay in points or other forum/site-related currency in general. I will cover fees.
- I do writing trades for art - I've met more than a few artists who want something written for a piece they are doing, and I'm happy to provide. We can discuss in notes if there is interest.
- Budget: $5 - $150. I tend to tip if I feel that you are underselling yourself, and I really like working with artists who are comfortable with payment plans (because emergencies happen). For certain things, my budget goes a little higher.
- Fan art! Oh my god, if you fall in love and get inspired by one of my stories, characters, or worlds and you just feel like scribbling something down, you'll make me cry. It's the biggest compliment ever and is such a boost to my morale when I'm struggling.
- Vibrant colors! Play with lighting and shadows! Make things pop!
- EMOTION! If you're an artist who can portray the right emotion for an image, you will have a client for life.
- Watching you work! If you're an artist that has streams, I absolutely love watching while I'm working.
- Making friends! I'm super supportive of artists and I like when artists support one another. I rub the art of my buddies all over people, so be prepared for a lot of love if we become friends.
There is so much more that I could put here, but this is all great just for a start. Thank you so much for taking the time to look!